- This event has passed.
Key Steps Gymnastics Competition @Durham City Gymnastics Club
February 5, 2019 @ 12:30 pm - 2:30 pm
This festival will provide an opportunity for pupils to perform the Key Steps Gymnastics Routine as appropriate for their age/ability level, in competition with teams from other schools. Pupils will also have the chance to experience some other fun gymnastics activities.
In order to take part, pupils must learn the key steps floor and vault routine for their age group/ability level…
- Key Step 2 – Year 3&4 Floor Vault
- Key Step 3 – Year 5&6 Floor Vault
- Key Step 3 – Open individual (club gymnasts who train for more than 2 hours per week)
- Teams should consist of between 6 gymnasts, with aminiumum of at least 1 boy and 1 girl in each team. Each gymnast will perform their routine individually, and the best 4 scores will form the team total.
- Gymnasts entering in the open category will compete in an individual competition.
- Schools can enter a maximum of 30 pupils in total
- A teacher from the school must accompany the child/children representing the school. This is to ensure LEA insurance cover. The teacher need not necessarily be the coach; another suitably qualified person may fill that role, but a teacher must be present.
From each SSP, the team with the highest score in Key Step 2 (Yr 3&4) and Key Step 3 (Yr 5&6) and the top 3 (from each area) overall individual performers from the Key Step 3 Open category, will go on to represent their partnership in the Level 3 School Games.
Entries will close 15th January at 12pm